City of Sugar Hill Policy on Links on Website
The following policy specifically addresses information and links created on the City website:
The City of Sugar Hill website is designed to provide residents and interested parties access to government departments, services, programs, events and activities where and when possible. From time to time, the City may wish to provide links to other sites that provide state or federal government information or additional information about the community, including festivals, cultural events and related matters.
No links shall be permitted on the City website unless the link falls within one of the following categories:
- Official site of a state, local or federal governmental agency, the Library System, the Gwinnett County public school system or boards or agencies related to those entities.
- Related pseudo-governmental agencies (such as Chamber of Commerce, Gwinnett Convention & Visitors Bureau, Sugar Hill Business Alliance, Sugar Hill DDA, Water Conservation, etc)
- Public / Private partnerships, when city services are provided via the website of the private partner.
- Online tools necessary to access documents, downloads, photos or locations included in the City’s website. Examples of these online tools include: (a) links to download client based tools (Adobe Acrobat); (b) online tools that assist users in accessing locations referenced on the City’s site (Mapquest or Google maps); or tools used for providing account information or electronic payments (Sallie Mae).
- Utility companies that provide services to City residents, including but not limited to Electricity, Garbage, Recycling, and Water.
- A link to the website of a candidate for City Office may be provided as part of the information on candidates who have qualified for City elections provided that the right to include this information is provided to all candidates.
Links provided on the City of Sugar Hill website must be approved in accordance with this policy. The City Manager has ultimate responsibility of approving links to external websites and any party aggrieved by the City Manager’s decision may appeal that determination to the Mayor and Council in writing within thirty (30) days of the City Manager’s decision.
The City may, from time to time, approve links to outside web services that provide an approved service for either the City of Sugar Hill or the citizens of Sugar Hill. Formation and continuation of such link(s) are at the discretion of the City of Sugar Hill and shall not to be considered a right.
Any page on the City’s website that contains an active link to an external website shall also contain a link to this policy.
Disclaimer: The City of Sugar Hill has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information provided on its website. However, due to the possibility of unauthorized modification of the data, HTML browser incompatibilities, or other aspects of electronic communication that are beyond the City's control, the City cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided on its web site and is not liable for reliance on this information. Please contact the City of Sugar Hill at 770-945-6716 to verify the accuracy of the data.
In addition, some links made available through the City of Sugar Hill’s website go to an external website. Be aware that the internet sites available through these links, and materials that may be found at such sites, are not under the control of the City of Sugar Hill. Therefore, the City of Sugar Hill cannot and does not make any representation to you about these sites or the materials available there. The fact that the City of Sugar Hill has made these links available to you is not an endorsement or recommendation to you by the City of Sugar Hill of any of these sites or any material found there. The City is providing these links only as a convenience to our website visitors.
Approved this 14th day of July, 2008.